A honeymoon in Copenhagen Denmark is certainly worth considering. Denmark is the most affordable Scandinavian country. As the only Scandinavian country connected to mainland Europe, it also has the most temperate climate, similar to cities like London and Amsterdam. If you’re a music lover, Denmark could be the perfect destination for you as it has a non-stop calendar of over 100 festivals all throughout the year. Likewise, if you’re a foodie, then Denmark should be at the top of your list as Copenhagen has more michelin star restaurants than anywhere else in Scandinavia.
Things to do
Image by Thomas Rousing
Copenhagen is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of cultural things to do.
- Take a stroll around the famous Tivoli Gardens – a popular amusement park and gardens.
- No trip to Cophenhagen should be without a visit to The Little Mermaid, the statue that commemorates the famous fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen.
The Little Mermaid – Image by Aram Zucker-Scharff
- A must see on your visit to Copenhagen is a trip to Christiania, a freetown that leads a commune like existence.
- Take a leisurely canal tour and see the city from a different perspective.
- Hire a free bike and explore the city in your own way – you never know what you’ll come across!
Where to eat
When it comes to food, standards are high in Denmark, so you’ll struggle to have a bad meal! For something truly special, look no further than Noma. In order to get a spot in this michelin starred restaurant, you will have to book in advance – but you won’t be disappointed. Expect a creative and modern interpretation on classic Scandinavian cuisine. Alternatively, try Pony, which is a more relaxed, bistro-style restaurant offering contemporary culinary delights.
Where to stay
When it’s your honeymoon, you deserve a treat – so why not stay in Denmark’s first design hotel, The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel. They have a range of beautifully furnished rooms and suites, but none more fabulous than the Arne Jacobsen Suite, decorated with 1960s Jacobsen furniture. The hotel is closely located to the main train station and attractions such as the Tivoli Gardens.