1. 19×91 Crystal Star Hair Pins,2. Luxanddolls Diamond Sparkle Hair Pins, 3. ZoeRiverElegance Crystal Flower Hairpiece, 4. UniqueaSupplies Star Hair Clip 5. BellaViaDesigns Rhinestone Headband, 6. TheDreamTown Star Pearl Hair Clips
Bubbles are one of our favourite bases for cocktails and it is a must for The Sparkle Issue. Today, we’re combining two of my favourite things- champagne and ginger. There is no fuss to this cocktail, but if you use a good ginger beer, it adds a little spice, a little kick to your otherwise delicious glass of bubbles.
To add some extra sparkle, as we did, why not rim your glass with edible glitter? This is such an easy way to add something a little special to your wedding day cocktails.
- Lemon juice, vodka or honey (to rim your glass)
- Edible glitter
- 30ml ginger beer (we always love and use Bundaberg)
- Your choice of bubbles- sparkling wine, champagne or prosecco.
- To rim your glass, add lemon juice, vodka or honey to a shallow bowl and dip your glass so the rim is coated.
- In another shallow bowl, add your edible glitter. Dip the wet rim of your glass into the glitter until it is evenly coated.
- Pour in 30ml of chilled ginger beer
- Top with chilled champagne or prosecco when ready to serve
Highlighting all things sparkle this month, we thought we’d dust some tasty macarons with gorgeous shimmering edible glitter! If you haven’t used edible glitter before rest assured, it’s simple to master, and such a quick way to add the wow factor to a sweet treat, whether as a gift or for dessert.
What You Will Need:
- Edible glitter – look up any cake decorating store and you’ll find long lists of available options. If you’re going to town (figuratively), pick up a few different varieties and shapes to really add some sparkle!
- Soft brushes
- Dessert to dust. Macarons are easy to fancy up, but think doughnuts, truffles, any chocolates – the list goes on!
Step 1. When using a shimmer or lustre powder, find a soft and fluffy brush to hold the dust. Pop your chosen dessert onto an easy to wipe clean surface, and load up your brush. A little goes a LONG way when using this dry, creating a beautiful, shimmering surface.
Step 2. If using glitter squares or larger pieces of glittery substances, grab a fine brush and a little water. Using very little water, quickly dampen the dessert, before using a dry brush to pick up and place the glitter squares into the macaron. If wrapping as a gift, let dry completely before packaging.
Step 3. If using the shimmer or lustre as a paint, grab a soft brush once again, and a little water (or vodka – hello!). Mix thoroughly, then brush onto the macaron. If precise brush strokes are what you’re after, use a thinner brush for application. As with the glitter squares, let the shimmer paint dry completely before packaging these up.
Packing a colourful punch and adding the wow factor, these delectable macarons covered with varying types of shimmers and glitter provide a little extra glam and sparkle to your dessert table! Go wild or keep it refined, either way, an extra special dessert can be yours with just a little dusting of colour!
About Ms Honeycomb: My heart and home in Scotland and Australia, I am a florist, flower lover, writer, baker, stylist and sew-er of lovely things, with my darling toddler forever keeping me on my toes!
This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.