A little bit of luxury in the sun is exactly what you need for your honeymoon and this location might just tempt us into coming with you. Pack your sunnies and a cute, flowy dress and prepare to be pampered into a state of total relaxation at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa.
About the location
Your honeymoon destination awaits at just a half an hour drive from the San Diego International Airport and easily accessible from the main highways. Located in the U.S state of California, San Diego is known for warm weather, parks and beaches. Essentially, it’s the perfect place for a warm honeymoon spent outdoors.
About the accommodation
Step into your suite and escape the day to day in a contemporary, luxurious room. Wake up to the comforts of a freshly squeezed orange juice and a newspaper delivered to your door each morning. Catch your breath in your private garden patio overlooking the olive groves and the surrounding canyons.
Fitted with 49 spacious suites, you’ll feel right at home with all the amenities you need to completely unwind and have a stress-free break.
About the photo
There’s nothing more glorious on a honeymoon than going back to the simple things like relaxing with one another – and what better way to do this, than at this incredible spa. Amidst lush gardens, you can dedicate your time to being pampered and enjoying the spa pool, hydrotherapy circuit, sauna and steam rooms and take part in fitness classes including yoga, Pilates and spin.
When you stay at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa you’ll be staying at a resort that aims to make positive contributions to the local community and the environment. The team at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa have introduced a number of initiatives in an effort to be a more sustainable honeymoon destination. Things you might notice around the resort include:
- On-site Quench refillable bottled water
- Kitchen composting
- Wild herb garden
- Locally sourced and organic foods
- Spa utilises natural and organic skin care products
- Guest optional towel and linen replacement
- Green Committee ensures environmental initiatives are in place and executed
- Recycling and waste management programs in place
- Electricity conservation efforts including energy-efficient fixtures
- Electric car plug-in station for guest use
- Water conservation and reclamation efforts
- Paper-reduction policy in place, electronic data transmission whenever possible
- Use of non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products
All images via Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa
About Bec Lawrence: I’m an animal lover, sustainability advocate and natural landscape enthusiast. On a good weekend, you’ll find me hiking with my two adorable beagles and my equally adorable husband.