We used these veneer tags as place cards, but you could also use them as escort cards, table numbers or favour tags.
You will need:
- Wood veneer (from your hardware store or eBay)
- Rubber alphabet stamps (I bought mine here)
- Ink pad
- Hole punch
1. Measure and mark out tag shapes on one side of the veneer. Cut out.
2. Punch a hole through one end. The veneer is very fragile so you will need to be careful to avoid splitting.
3. Spell out your guests’ names using the alphabet stamps and ink pad.
4. Cut lengths of string and loop through each tag.
Don’t these tags make a lovely detail for an earthy wedding?
Ms Gingham says: Just lovely! Great for gift tags too!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Visit Alicia’s blog where she writes about all things creative and cute ATypical Type A
More inspiring projects from Alicia here.