Add some old-worlde festivity with these fun rosette pins. They make great favours to hand out at either your ceremony or reception, or could even serve as a boutonniere for your groomsmen and ushers.
You will need:
- ‘Oh happy day’ free printable
- Satin ribbon
- Brooch backs
- Double-sided tape
Before you start, download Akimbo’s ‘Oh Happy Day’ free printable. Print onto the thickest paper you can fit through your printer and cut out.
1. Cut the ribbon into equal lengths. Fold in the quarter on each end and iron flat. Add a strip of double-sided tape on the underside and fold in flaps to secure.
2. Layer each folded ribbon in a circle.
3. Carefully pick up the rosette and pierce the centre with the needle and thread.
4. Continue until the ribbons are secured in the rosette shape.
5. Turn over and sew on the brooch back.
6. Stick the badge in the centre of the ribbon rosette with some double-sided tape.
Photography by Alicia Parsons (The Atypical Type A)
Ms Gingham says: I didn’t realise rosettes were that simple to make. I imagine you could get lots of different looks with various textures and widths of ribbon. You could even combine different ribbons for a different effect. Thanks Alicia!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Click here for more inspiration from Alicia.