I remember the first time I tasted a French 75. I was with my favourite people in the world, mixing up a storm and the French 75 set the bar for the night ahead. Nothing else quite came close to the crisp taste of champagne with the sweet-sour lemon blend. This delicious mix seemed like just the ticket to whip up for The Engagement Issue.
While we love the idea of celebrating with these at home, they’re also great for an engagement party, because you can mix up the ingredients beforehand and top with champagne when you’re ready to serve.
- 30ml Gin
- 20ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar or 15ml sugar syrup
- Lemon twist
- In a cocktail shaker, add fin, lemon juice, sugar and ice and shake until well combined and cold.
- Pour the mix into a chilled champagne glass
- Fill glass with chilled champagne
- Add a lemon twist to garnish.