Nestled between the Great Barrier Reef and a rainforest, Palm Cove basically screams ultimate honeymoon destination! With endless white sand beaches and glorious coconut palms, the warm ocean water makes Palm Cove one of the most beautiful beaches in the World. Situated only 30 minutes from Cairns airport, Palm Cove has recently risen to become the number one spot in Australia to have your wedding or honeymoon…here are six things to love…
1. Romantic Getaway. When booking your honeymoon in Palm Cove you want to look for accommodation that you and your new hubby can nestle away in private. Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Penthouse is the ideal location to enjoy that special one on one time. Located on the fourth floor, take the spiral staircase from your fully furnished balcony and find your way to a private rooftop terrace with spa, BBQ and outdoor setting. The resort also has a lagoon style pool, spa, restaurant and its own private walkway to the pristine beach. Absolute honeymoon bliss. Image via Pullman Hotels and Resorts.
2. Divine Dining. An absolute stunning restaurant for you two newly weds to indulge in would be Nu Nu Restaurant. As Palm Cove’s only absolute beachfront restaurant, Nu Nu offers spectacular views of the Coral Sea, framed by lush palm trees. With previous recognition from Gourmet Traveller as Regional Restaurant of the Year, Nu Nu is the ultimate tropical beach restaurant destination in Australia. Using fresh local produce and having a premium wine, beer and cocktail list, Nu Nu is the go to place for any love birds. If you are looking for somewhere to have a late lunch with a few cheeky cocktails, Chill Cafe Palm Cove is a go to place. With relaxing vibes, enjoy a picture postcard backdrop framed by palms, golden sand, the Coral Sea and distant green hills as soulful, eclectic music delights your senses and you enjoy some oysters and a cocktail. Image via NuNu Restaurant.
3. Unwind and Dine. If you two love birds are looking to relax and unwind as well as get a bit to eat then Peppers Beach Club Spa & Lunch Package is the ideal thing. Unwind in the serene surrounds of Peppers Beach Club and take advantage of this relaxing offer, which includes lunch on the deck overlooking the ocean and an exquisite 45 minute massage or facial at the award winning Peppers Beach Club Spa. Perfect for any honeymooners! Image via Peppers Beach Club.
4. Morning Bliss. Hire a car one day and drive into Cairns and book a dawn hot air ballon ride. For a truly memorable experience, try a balloon flight at dawn over the Atherton Tablelands. Their giant balloons glide gently over the bush land and farms of the Mareeba Valley. Perfect way for you and your new husband to start the day off. How romantic! Image via Local Tourism Network.
5. Exquisite Evenings. Looking for something interesting to do one night, then book a Flames of the Forest – Rainforest Dining Experience. Book a table for two and enjoy a six course tasting menu of local flavours accompanied by premium Australian wines, beers and soft drinks whilst enjoying the mellow sounds of a solo acoustic guitarist. In a candle lit forest setting under a silk lined marquee with hand made crystal chandeliers, this is honeymoon bliss and a way to indulge in Palm Cove’s best local produce. Image via Flames of the Forest.
6. Photography Time. What better way for you to capture images of your honeymoon then doing Capture Cairns Photography Tours. Receive personalised photography lessons whilst on your day tour – from the white sands of Fitzroy Island or the magnificent views from the Skyrail to the elegant setting of the Botanical gardens or underwater on the Great Barrier Reef. What a beautiful way to remember your honeymoon. Image via Calypso Reef Imagery Centre.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: So close to home, a Palm Cove honeymoon is romantic bliss; a hot air balloon ride at dawn is a ‘must do’ on my list!