Hi! Michelle here from Ettie Ink, creator of bespoke wedding stationery in Adelaide, stopping by to share a few of my favourite things with Polka Dot brides-to-be. I love to see things being done a bit differently, especially when it comes to weddings. Ideas that break away from tradition always catch my eye!
Here are some of my favourite wedding suppliers along with some pretty ideas to inspire.
1. I love this idea. Vintage wallpaper used as a beautiful backdrop and teamed with a charming armchair. This would be the perfect display for a photo booth set up at a wedding. Just imagine all the gorgeous and fun poses… I saw this idea over at Miss Sister Rose Violet, who provides dreamy inspiration for weddings and celebrations. Based in Adelaide, the girls from Miss Sister Rose Violet never cease to amaze when it comes to being creative! Image source, Miss Rose Sister Violet
2. Inbal Dror. Need I say more? Breathtaking bridal gowns. Elegant, exquisite, feminine, sexy. I LOVE everything about Inbal Dror; the styling, photographs, models and dresses are so beautiful. Sigh… Inbal Dror Haute Couture
3. Have you heard of Blank Goods? They have the best little craft ideas and an endless supply of inspiration for wedding decorations, bomboniere ideas and gift wrapping. Anything to do with paper, stickers and packaging… adorable! Definitely a favourite. Image Source, BLANK
4. Here’s a shout out to my own hairdresser, Mel Macey, from The Basin Haircutters in Adelaide. Mel styled my hair for my wedding – such a pity I got absolutely drenched before making it to the ceremony (mid December, mind you!). Needless to say, I still got so many compliments on my hair. Mel is an expert in her field, can create any style you ask for and she’s a gorgeous chick too. Highly recommended wedding hairstylist. Image by Memory Bank Photography
5. Another local Adelaide talent is the lovely Lauren from Mintcloud Makeup Styling. She produces gorgeous results, totally dedicating herself to the bride on the day and adapting to the individual needs of her clients. To quote Lauren, “I love seeing the tears swell up in the bride’s eyes when she sees herself transformed before I make her giggle to stop the tears from running down her flawlessly finished makeup.” Lauren is also a nail technician and she makes beautiful jewellery. Must also make mention of the groom’s very groovy suit in the photo … fabulous! Image by Luke Simon Photography
6. Last but not least, this photo combines two of my favourite things. I first noticed this photograph of a stunning pair of Jimmy Choo shoes on Tamara Cadd’s Facebook page and immediately fell in love with the shoes and the photo. I have been a fan of Tamara Cadd’s work for a long time – an amazing photographer based in Moama. The Jimmy Choos were worn by bride, Jacki, one of Tamara’s clients and close friend, on her wedding day as seen in the photo alongside – gorgeous! Images by Tamara Cadd Photography
Ms Gingham says: What a great collection of recommendations! Thanks Michelle!
About Ettie Ink: I have always loved designing and creating things, so it seemed like an ideal opportunity to start my own business following the birth of my first daughter, Addison. It has since grown to become quite a busy little business specialising in custom designed wedding stationery and invitations for all occasions.