1. Shark Pig – These guys are the raddest videographers on the planet. I would have liked to have promoted an Australian videographer here (which there are plenty to choose from, La Lune being my fave) but I just couldn’t overlook these mad geniuses. Their use of old school videography with newschool technology creates a surreal energetic montage of sound and imagery. THIS is what wedding videography should look like. I have tried to find an equivalent in Australia, but have had some trouble locating such original talent. I think there is a BIG hole in this market with HUGE opportunity for anyone with the goods!
2. Wil Valor – I met these two strapping young lads at a wedding fair recently and was very impressed by their take on style, fashion and masculinity. Wil Valor is made up of Mark and Vish and are the best tailors in Australia. These guys seem to be leading the way in men’s fashion and not just on the wedding scene. Their eclectic range seems to attract the groom who is looking for something edgy and Stylish (Style with a capital S). Drawing on past and current trends, I get reminded of the old-world European charm of pre-WW2 glamour, with the men looking sharp and dapper trying their best to charm the ladies, dressed to kill in their elegant and feminine couture.
3. Kari Celebrations – At #3 my favourite celebrant, Kari. Words cannot express what a presence Kari makes at a ceremony. With the compassion of the spiritually devoted, her heartfelt ceremonies evoke an acutely wise truth that lies at the centre of all relationships. Love, respect and commitment. There isn’t a dry eye in the house when Kari is weaving her magic. Photographer – Marion Jonkers Photography
4. Dan O’Day Photography – There are a handful of photographers out there who I could have chosen as my faves for this feature. There is so much unbelievable talent out there, just in Australia alone. But, it is Dan’s work that inspires me just a little more than the others. I love how he approaches a wedding as a fine art photographer, rather than a wedding photographer. An artist who shoots weddings. And without sounding too pretentious, this is what I also strive for when I shoot a wedding. To get in my OWN zone and create images that evoke something in ME (and just hope that the clients see where I’m coming from). Dan’s perspective is one of a true craftsman. He carves beauty from the shadows just as much as the light and transforms a simple composition into a moving landscape of emotion. Photographer – Dan O’Day
5. Weddings At Tiffany’s – I have been shooting at this venue since I first started shooting weddings, and I can’t speak more highly of Tiffany’s. Not only is it one of the finest venues on the Sunshine Coast to get married (and I would even say one of the best in QLD.. Australia.. THE WORLD!!), but the folks who own and run this wonderful place are the most friendly, professional and welcoming people I have met during my time in the industry. And I think that I can speak for all of the couples who have married here too, as I only hear glowing reports. I really look forward to shooting a wedding here as it is like visiting family, so warm and hospitable. And do I even need to point out that it is one of THREE venues that has this billion dollar view??!! I don’t think so. Photographer – Luke Going Photography
6. Jennifer Gifford Designs – Jennifer’s one talented lady. Her savvy and sophisticated eye, fashions the very threads of every bride’s perfect dress (one too many puns there I think). Her dreamy elegance upholds all that is beautiful in the feminine archetype of our imagination – Sensual, Sexy & Graceful. Photographer – Feather & Stone
Ms Gingham says: Some of my favourites here too!
About Luke Going: “If I let myself write a descriptive breakdown of all the things that made up ‘me’, you would be bored by the second line. Because.. does all that really matter to anybody but me? I’d love to discuss all the cool things that make us unique over coffee sometime. That’s what I’m into!”