1. Start off in Bangkok and do the rounds of the temples where stunning architecture and a spiritual presence awakens the senses. The Grand Palace Bangkok via N&J.
2. Now that you’ve worked up a hunger explore the hawker’s markets at night for some authentic tastes. Potato Curry With Mango and Basil via Inquiring Chef.
3. Head off to ride the Elephants in Chiang Mai. (via Miamiagora Travel Information)
4. Thai Song Fair Trade started in September 2009, in a small community in Bangkok, and offers dignified employment for women. Currently, they make unique and fashionable bags out of recycled plastic bags and earrings out of recycled plastic and aluminum cans. Red Pop Earrings from Thai Song.
5. Work on your tan and forget the day to day on Phi Phi Island. (via Beach and Island)
6. I’ve heard of open air cinemas but surely this must take first prize? Archipelago Cinema, A Floating Auditorium in a Thai Lagoon. (via Laughing Squid photo by Piyatat Hemmatat)