Wedding receptions are often like one giant party. The formalities of the ceremony are over, the posing for photos has been done, and your final responsibility as bride and groom is to relax and enjoy the celebration with family and friends.
So it makes sense, since the reception is being held in honour of the two of you, to enter your reception with a bang. The following are some of our favourite bridal entrances that we’ve seen over the past year or two:
- Have musicians enter with the bridal party: One bride decided that just hiring a live band to perform on stage wasn’t enough. She and her new husband chose to enter the room with the band ‘The Usual Suspects’ performing Stevie Wonder’s ‘Uptight’ – however, the twist was that the 3-piece horn section walked in with them, resulting in an entrance nothing short of spectacular.
- Revive past talents: One recent groom was an ex-professional gymnast, along with two of his groomsmen. As the bridal party was being announced by the MC, the men entered by performing a series of backflips to ‘Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough’, leaving guests stunned to say the least!
- Refer to your culture: One Greek bride we met recently decided to honour her family and heritage by dancing into her reception accompanied by traditional Greek wedding music. This enabled her to share her culture with her new husband’s family and friends, as well as bringing something different to her celebration.
In each of these examples, the accompanying music has played a crucial role.
These are handful of our favourite requests for bridal entrance songs:
- ‘Crazy In Love’ – Beyonce
- ‘Signed Sealed Delivered’ – Stevie Wonder
- ‘Beautiful Day’ – U2
- ‘When Love Takes Over’ – Kelly Rowland
- ‘Let’s Get Loud’ – J.Lo
- ‘One More Time’ – Daft Punk
- ‘I Gotta Feeling’ – Black Eyed Peas
- ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ – Michael Jackson
- ‘Let’s Get It Started’ – Black Eyed Peas
- ‘This Will Be’ – Natalie Cole
- ‘Let’s Stay Together’ – Al Green
- ‘Just The Two Of Us’ – Bill Withers
- ‘I Feel Good’ – James Brown
- ‘Brown Eyed Girl’ – Van Morrison
- ‘Ain’t No Mountain’ – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Turrell
Ms Polka Dot says: Caitlin from Funkified Entertainment joins us today with some great tips for making your grand entrance! Find Funkified Entertainment in our Directory! Thank you Caitlin for sharing all those great suggestions for music as well – so many favourites to choose from!
Caitlin adds: When it comes to finding the right music for your special day, Funkified Entertainment can take care of everything, eliminating the stress so you can simply enjoy the celebration. Whether you are after sophisticated strings, laid-back jazz or a full on 9-piece cover band, we can match you and your partner with the perfect wedding entertainment.
Photo taken by Trish from Tealily Photography