Hello dotties! I am thrilled to be sharing my first exclusive DIY project for Polka Dot Bride today: fabric fortune cookies complete with printable love-themed printable fortunes. Pick some fabrics that coordinate with your wedding style and you’ll have the perfect low-cost favours that will have your guests talking.
You will need:
- Fabrics in 3-4 different patterns (including polka dots, naturally)
- Iron-on interfacing
- Craft glue
- Circular object (such as a small bowl or cup) to trace around
- Printable love fortunes
1. Iron the interfacing onto your fabric. Allow to cool.
2. Trace around the bowl onto the back of the interfacing. Repeat until you’ve done as many circles as required.
3. Cut out the circles.
4. Apply a thin line of glue along the centre of the underside of the circle.
5. Cut a piece of wire the same length as the diameter of the circle. Lay in the line of glue. Allow to dry thoroughly.
6. Place a fortune along the wire in the circle.
7. Fold up the circle and pinch at the top.
8. Hold the edges of the circle where it meets the wire, and push up the centre of the wire so it folds into a fortune cookie shape.
Ms Polka Dot says: All this cuteness – and so simple to make, and a real talking point for your guests! Guess which one we like the best……? Thank you Alicia!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.