Image via Ksenia Belova
Inspired by director Katie of Fourside Events recent tasting trip to LA, the California Girl’s bright pink colour makes it a total winner for an arrival cocktail (and the perfect antidote to the Aperol Spritz).
It’s not too heavy on the booze, it’s fresh and a lot of fun – might even become the drink of 2020?!
- 30ml Belvedere Vodka
- 30ml fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- Dash of cane sugar syrup
- 45ml Yuzu soda water
- A whole lot of ice
- Charred pineapple wedge
- Step 1: The best cocktails start with the right receptacle – choose a high ball in clear glass that’s either smooth or textured to make sure the pink colour pops!
- Step 2: Load up the glass with ice.
- Step 3: Pour over vodka, cane sugar and grapefruit juice.
- Step 4: Give the glass a little jiggle – you know you want to!
- Step 5: Top with Yuzu soda water.
- Step 6: Grab a couple of pineapple leaves and slide them in, giving everything a little swirl as you do.
- Step 7: Finish with a wedge of charred pineapple – charring brings out the sugar in the fruit which complements the tartness from the grapefruit perfectly.
- Step 8: Sip and smile.
When the van arrives emblazoned with the words ‘EAT ME’ you know you’ve chosen your caterer wisely.
Collaborating with some of Melbourne’s most influential event experts, producers and suppliers, Fourside Food Design + Eventss are different. They love what they do!
You won’t find any set menus here, only creatively designed and completely customised food options to suit you and your guest’s tastes, requirements, and personalities. The Fourside team understands the importance of delicious food and a killer atmosphere. Ensuring your guests remember all the glory of your wedding party, for years to come. Hungry? Drop them a line. Thirsty? Make the above tasty cocktail!