Pre-wedding photo shoots are becoming increasingly popular – often like a ‘practice run through’ for the big day! Taking a break away from the wedding planning and decision making, if only for a morning or afternoon, we often find these photos will be the ones you treasure the most! Here are our Top Ten reasons why you should have a ‘playdate’ photography session before your wedding:
1. Get used to being photographed by a professional.
2. Capture this amazing time in your lives as a couple.
3. Get used to working with your wedding photographer and understand what works best with their direction (lighting, posing, background choices).
4. Have a hair and makeup trial for your wedding and see how it photographs.
5. Use a location that is special to you, maybe where the proposal was, or at your favourite cafe or park or beach.
6. Create an image for your ‘save the date’ card.
7. Be reminded to stop and enjoy each other’s company.
8. Embrace the gorgeous places we live in.
9. Have an official engagement portrait featuring your ring as the centrepiece.
10. Use the images from the session to create a beautiful guest book for your wedding day.
All images by Milk and Honey Photography
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such beautiful ‘playdate’ photos: each one says “We’re so in love!”
About Milk and Honey Photography: A lot of our photos are casual and relaxed. We get to know all of our couples so that they feel confident in trusting us and knowing that we will capture their beauty as it unfolds; we actually try to get them to FORGET about us!