An edible, homemade favour is always a lovely gesture for your guests. Here’s how to make mandarin marmalade wedding favours, along with free printable tags.
You will need:
- 3kg mandarins
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 3tbs brandy
- glass jars, sterilised
- plastic jam covers & bands (I used Kleerview brand)
- fabric, cut into circles
Before you begin, download the free printable favour tags. Print onto textured card, trim and punch a hole in the top corner.
- Peel the mandarins and thinly slice half the skins (discard the rest). Cut mandarin segments in half and remove seeds.
- Place slice mandarins in food processor and process until chopped.
- Place mandarins, rind, sugar and water in large saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil until sugar has been dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Once thickened, add brandy and stir well to combine.
- Pour marmalade into jars and allow to cool slightly.
- Place sheet of Kleerview over the top of the jar and secure with supplied rubber band. Trim excess plastic. Allow to cool completely.
- Place fabric circle over jar and secure with string. Thread favour tag onto string and tie a bow.
The recipe makes about a dozen medium-sized jars.
A sweet and affordable favour to say thank you to your guests. Enjoy!
Hi, my name is Alicia and I’m a paper addict. When I’m not designing quirky invitations and stationery for my business Akimbo, I’m blogging ideas and projects for home, parties and weddings.
Alicia contributes regular DIY projects to Polka Dot Made. You can view her posts here.
Join the conversation