This morning, the kids and I decided to make Anzac cookies. This staple of Australian cooking reminds us all of our diggers and what they went through trapped in the trenches. I rummaged through my panty to find the necessary ingredients and fell a little short. The result however was a delicious variation on a classic which we are enjoying immensly! So here it is, my coconut free anzac cookies with dried cranberries!
You will need:
- 120 g Butter
- 100 g Treacle
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 100g rolled instant oats
- 150g plain Gluten Free flour
- 140g raw sugar
- 100g dried cranberries
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 160 °C.
2. Melt the butter and add the treacle and combine. Add the bicarbonate soda and combine.
3. Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Take a walnut sized piece of dough and roll into a ball. Press it down onto your baking paper to make a cookie shape around 7 cm in diametre. Don’t make the cookies too thin as the edges will burn before the cookie is done.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. When they come out of the oven, they will still be a little soft so be very careful when handling them or they might crumble. Place on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!!