As we come to the end of a month-long celebration of home, we wanted to give one last shoutout, one last one to the place of comfort, of joy and belonging. And what better inspiration, that sums it all up, than the ultimate movie about home- The Wizard of Oz?
Today, we’re honouring home, and the fact there is no place like it, with our own, ruby red cocktail (inspired by those sparkly ruby red shoes but of course). Meet our “There’s No Place Like Home” raspberry gimlet.
This one packs a punch (we recommend serving this beauty pre-dinner, or post-ceremony to get the party started). It’s got all at the tart sweetness of raspberries we love thanks to the raspberry puree, with the strong kick of gin and raspberry liqueur. It’s an utter delight.
- 60ml gin
- 15 ml sample syrup
- 15 ml raspberry puree (unsweetened)
- 15 ml fresh lime juice
- 10ml raspberry liqueur
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- To make simple syrup: combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan, stir until well combined and allow to cool
- To make raspberry puree: place a cup of raspberries on the stovetop in a saucepan, and heat until soft. Then, in a sieve, push the raspberries through, leaving the seeds and flesh in the sieve and the puree ready to use.
- When you’re ready to make the cocktail. add ice, gin, simple syrup, raspberry puree, lime juice, raspberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well combined
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Add fresh raspberries for garnish.