In celebration of the month of love and the beauty of all things red this February, we’re celebrating with the most brilliant of red cocktails. Today, meet our strawberry & rosé mojito.
Luckily for us, our inspiration came from a fine delivery from the folk at Brown Brothers who sent their new Aussie made Brown & Co. A Little Sweet Rosé our way.
Mojitos are the perfect summer cocktail (and just as good for summer weddings, a mojito is perfect to batch!). They’re tall and icy, limey and sweet, and this version plays off the very best flavours of summer with a rosé twist.
The Brown & Co. A Little Sweet Rosé has all the light and crisp berry notes, so it pairs beautifully with strawberry. Plus, it’s vegan! Win-win! (Win wine?) We’ve amped up the flavour with a dash of strawberry liqueur and a little extra lime juice (I like my mojitos packed full of flavour) but you’ll be able to omit your sugar syrup for this one because the rosé brings all the sweetness on its own.
- 100ml Brown & Co. A Little Sweet Rosé wine
- 50ml cup soda water
- 30ml rum
- 10ml lime juice
- 10ml Strawberry liqueur
- 5 Mint leaves
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 2 wedges of lime
- In a cocktail shaker, combine strawberries, strawberry liqueur, lime juice, rum, lime wedges and mint along with your rosé wine.
- Muddle well until combined.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice, and top with soda water and extra strawberries and mint leaves to garnish.