Throughout The Elopement Issue, we’ve been diving into all the ways you can make your elopement not just special, but your own and for us? That includes elopement worthy, and elopement friendly cocktails and today, we’re pretty excited for this one!
We were delighted when Grant Burge, one of Australia’s favourite names offered up a bottle of their sparkling wine to celebrate the spring season. Festive, bubbly and a beautiful shade of pink Pinot Noir Chardonnay Rosé – well we knew we had to build a cocktail around it.
This rosy-hued sparkling wine from the Adelaide Hills is packed with berry flavours, a little spice and a crisp dry flavour. It’s bold, delicious and just the tipple you need for a warm day in the sunshine.
So to play off those berry notes, we designed today’s elopement cocktail – a blueberry and thyme sparkler. To make this one elopement friendly, we recommend making up your syrup (I promise it’s easy. If you’re not an alcohol lover, this syrup goes just as well with lemonade or soda water too!) up to the week before your elopement, and then adding a little to your jars. Chill your bubbles too so that when you’re ready to toast, you just need to fill your glass and chin chin!
Ingredients – Blueberry & Thyme Syrup
- One part blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- One part caster sugar
- One part water
- 10ml lemon juice
- Two sprigs fresh thyme
Method- Blueberry & Thyme Syrup
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients
- Mash blueberries slightly so their juice is loosened.
- Heat until mixture is bubbling, stirring constantly
- Turn to low and allow the mixture to thicken until it is a thick syrup
- In a sieve or muslin cloth, strain mixture until you remove all the large pieces and are left with your syrup
- When cool, pour into a jar
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Ingredients – Blueberry & Thyme Sparkler
- 30ml Blueberry & thyme syrup
- Grant Burge Pinot Noir Chardonnay Rosé (Chilled, purchase your own bottle at Grant Burge Wines or all major liquor retailers.)
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh blueberries
Method- Blueberry & Thyme Sparkler
- In your jar, add your blueberry & thyme syrup and refrigerate.
- Add three-four blueberries and two springs of thyme the night before, or day of serving to allow flavours time to infuse.
- When ready to serve, top with Grant Burge Pinot Noir Chardonnay Rosé