Pregnancy is such a vital time in your life. You are full of excitement at the future mixed with trepidation about what’s to come. These mixed feelings can lead to heightened emotions and these, coupled with the physiological symptoms (including but not limited to feeling emotional, nauseous often all day, vomiting, back aches, headaches, exhaustion, feeling sleepy, food cravings and increased sense of smell) can provide an extra challenge to the pregnant bride.
Pregnant brides need special support and camaraderie from their grooms, bridesmaids, family and friends as they ride out the often unpredictable tides of physical, emotional and hormonal waves.
Following are a list of tips for pregnant brides to consider in the hopes that the journey will be made just that little bit smoother!
1. Hire a wedding planner – alleviate the stress and have more control by engaging the services of a professional coordinator or at minimum some “day of” assistance. A good wedding planner will tailor her services to your specific needs so you can employ them for just the jobs you need help with or to oversee the entire process all under your direction. This will depend on your budget but can be money very well spent.
2. Locate a great wedding dress alterations specialist-someone who is flexible to your needs and changing body. Someone who makes you feel comfortable and is understanding of your desire to look amazing while feeling green.
3. Keep a gratitude journal and record the peaks of your wedding planning and fill it with fun mementos. You can do this basically in Microsoft word with text and photos, visually in Pinterest through pin inspirations or in my opinion the best way is to get a real book and infuse it with smells, press flowers in its pages and make a meaningful legacy of your wedding plans. Only a real book can preserve this much love and memory.
4. Schedule at minimum once a week 30 minutes of “me time”- take a bath, read a book, meditate, dine by candlelight, talk to a friend, go for a walk, sleep, get a massage, give yourself a beauty treatment, try a new herbal tea – anything that replenishes and rejuvenates you.
5. Include “wedding gift services” on your wedding registry in lieu of material presents such as cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and babysitting.
6. For your hens celebration, hold a girl’s pamper party. Give each other foot baths, facials and massages, share healthy food and mocktails. Toast your friendship and tell each other why you are so important to each other, what you admire in each other, why you love each other etc. Laugh, dance and be silly together –share your gifts and talents to create a truly memorable time in your lives.
If you’re looking for unique artisans to provide services for your wedding you can visit “All Tied Up” –a wedding specialists group I found who hand craft, hand make or offer original home based services and products. I have personally worked with or used their products and services and receive no gratuities for my promotion of their businesses. I just believe in them, love their passion and enjoy using their products and services.
Ms Gingham says: A great collection of tips and recommendations by Jacie!
Jacie of Your Bridesmaid Celebrant Services says: My business philosophy is simple; be original, personable, give exceptional service, great value for money and joy. I adore anything homemade, handmade, bespoke, artesian, useful, brimming with creativity and that which is crafted so obviously from love, talent and thoughtfulness.