Much loved New Zealand fruit syrup Barker’s Of Geraldine have recently made their debut into Australia and what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail? Made on the family farm on New Zealand’s South Island the syrups are 100% squeezed syrups (no concentrate) with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. The syrups are available to purchase from Coles Supermarkets.
Ginger is always a favourite in my cocktail recipes and when it comes to this cocktail it could work for Summer or winter weddings- the ginger tang is always refreshing and warming! Using vodka, fresh ginger, ginger beer and of course the pure ginger syrup this Ginger Smash is a fantastic cocktail Friday~
- 30 ml vodka
- 30ml Barker’s Lemon, Honey & Ginger Fruit Syrup
- 3 slices fresh ginger or 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup ginger ale or ginger beer
- Smash or muddle the ginger with the vodka and syrup.
- Pour into an ice filled hi-ball glass.
- Top with the ginger ale or ginger beer.
Image by Barker’s Of Geraldine
Join the conversation