A special twist on the classic Bloody Mary today- the Australian Mary from Brisbane’s The Emporium Hotel Cocktail Bar! The Emporium Hotel (located at 1000 Ann Street Fortitude Valley, Brisbane) is always a winner for cocktails and I love the idea of serving this classic with a twist cocktail at a beautiful brunch wedding.
– 60 ml Mount Tamborine Pepper Vodka
– 4 Muddled Bush Cherry Tomatoes
– 20 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 120 ml tomato juice
– 20 ml beetroot juice
– 1 pinch of Murray River Pink Sea Salt
– 5 ml Spring Gully Worcestershire Sauce
– 5 ml Balsamic Vinegar
– 2 dashes of Fee Brothers celery bitters
– 3 dashes of Redback Chilli Company Hot Chili Sauce.
– 1 bar spoon of Heinz Horse Radish
– 2 basil leaves
– Muddle cherry tomatoes in the bottom of a boston, add all ingredients and fill with ice. Do not shake as this will separate the tomato juice but roll back and forth to chill and mix.
– Strain into a tall, chilled glass over ice.
– Garnish with 2 basil leaves and 1 halved cherry tomato seasoned with Murray River Pink Sea Salt and freshly cracked Mountain Pepper Berry.
Thanks to The Emporium Hotel for today’s Cocktail Friday! If you’re up for the real deal? Visit The Emporium Hotel in Brisbane!