Here’s a special something for the coffee lovers. A delicious cocktail that is best drunk at the beginning of a night as a kick-start or later on as the ultimate pick-me-up. Either way it will certainly see you dancing the night away in high spirits. I first tried this tasty cocktail at Latitude 30 in Coffs Harbour, where barman Jeff shared his special recipe with me.
– 30ml Vodka
– 30ml Kahlua
– 30ml Chilled Espresso shot
– 30ml Wild Turkey American Honey Liqueur
– 5ml Sugar Syrup
1. Prepare 1 x 30ml shot of Espresso and allow it to cool
2. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes
3. Add Vodka, Kahlua, Honey liqueur and espresso shot to the shaker
4. Shake the mixture for at least 10 seconds in order to create a rich crema. The crema is the caramelization of oils extracted from the coffee where all the flavour comes from. To create a smooth espresso martini, its important to have a rich crema on top
5. Strain the mixture into a martini glass
6. Garnish with a sprinkle of finely grounded coffee beans
Now get your dancing shoes on, because this will have you have you singing and dancing like Lionel Richie… “Ohhh what a feeling, when you’re dancing on the ceiling.”
Photos by Nicky McLauchlan
Ms Gingham says: LOL… was Lionel Ritchie playing when you were downing these in Coffs Harbour Ms L? I wish I was there!!! Both for Lionel Ritchie and the cocktails!
About Ms Lace: A Brisbane girl who writes the inspiring wedding blog, Chasing Rainbows Kissing Frogs which showcases ideas, vendors and weddings from around the world. Having lived everywhere from Paris to Beirut and Saudi Arabia, the only language Ms Lace is fluent in is weddings. “Weddings make me giddy!”
Ms Lace writes regularly for the blog. Read her previous posts here.
Join the conversation