One of my favourite summer drinks is Sangria. It’s so convenient to have a few jugs on hand for barbeques or paella days and it’s so easy to make!
Here’s a recipe I’ve drawn from a few different sources and made my own!
- A 750 ml bottle of wine (Something heavier like Shiraz, merlot or cabernet sauvignon works best)
- One lemon
- One cinnamon stick
- Two oranges
- 1/4 cup brandy
1. Into a large jug (I use a 2 litre capacity jug) place your cinnamon stick. Squeeze the juice of one orange into the jug and add a thinly sliced lemon and orange.
2. Add brandy and pour in your red wine. Leave in the fridge overnight so flavours can infuse. (If you’re not a fan of the fruity pieces, add these just prior to serving)
3. When ready to serve, fill the rest of the jug with cold lemonade. Stir and pour over ice in tumbler glasses.
4. Enjoy on a warm summer’s day, preferably with a pan of paella in front of you and sunshine bearing down!